Dental veneers, also known as porcelain veneers or composite veneers are thin shells of tooth-colored, translucent porcelain or composite resin, custom made to fit over teeth and improve their color, shape and overall appearance. Placement of dental veneers can dramatically improve your smile and appearance.
Porcelain dental veneers are a beautiful way to correct stained, chipped, or crooked teeth. By placing glass-like ceramic porcelain on the surface of teeth, dentists can provide patients with bright, straight, and natural looking smiles. If you are considering veneers but would like more information about the process of placing porcelain veneers and the cost of treatment, please read the information below and contact a dentist in your area.
Advantages of porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain veneers are very durable.
- Porcelain veneers can last usually 10-15 years if properly taken care of.
- Porcelain veneers create a very life-like and natural tooth appearance.
- Porcelain veneers stain resistant.
- Porcelain veneers are conservative. Only a small amount of tooth structure is removed, if any during the procedure.